Acupuncture is a technique of inserting and manipulating filiform needles into points on the body with the aim of restoring health and well-being and treating pain. Thought to have originated in China, acupuncture has grown increasingly popular in the United States as a means of arresting and seeking relief from certain troublesome conditions.
Focusing on points along the "14 channels," Adkore’s expert practitioners utilize acupuncture to treat lower back pain, shoulder conditions, and more, often as part of a patient’s overall healing program. The most effective recovery plan often involves a combination of therapies, including acupuncture on our full menu of treatment options allows Adkore to better serve the unique and varied needs of clients.
Our acupuncture services are designed to treat:
- Back & Neck Pain: Acupuncture can be used to alleviate back and neck pain by increasing the amount of endorphins that are released, which block pain. Acu-points are near nerves. When stimulated, the muscle sends a message to the brain to release endorphins, thus relieving your pain.
- Herniated/ Bulging Discs: Acupuncture therapy is not used to treat the actual herniated disc, but to diminish pain. Thin needles are pressed into pressure points that can release endorphins to calm back pain. Many patients have experienced pain relief from acupuncture, but several treatments are necessary to acquire lasting results.
- Sports Injuries: In addition to normal sport injury treatments, many patients have found acupuncture to be an effective treatment in reducing inflammation and swelling. Adkore offers acupuncture therapy that provides a quicker recovery.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Acupuncture is a popular treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis. Rheumatoid Arthritis involves the inflammation and swelling of in and around joints. The insertion of acupuncture needles help reduce inflammation by releasing anti-inflammatory natural steroids.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis involves the gradual wearing away of cartilage in the joints, as well as the deposition of calcium in the bones. Acupuncture treatment can be performed to alleviate pain caused by osteoarthritis. The hair-like needles are placed in specific pressure points, which releases endorphins, the body’s natural painkiller.
- Joint Pain: The leading cause of arthritis pain is inflammation in the joints. Acupuncture treatment can be used to increase blood flow, which leads to a decrease in joint inflammation and pain.
- Pinched Nerves: Acupuncture can be a successful treatment to pinched nerves. Treatment works to release blockages in energy flow that cause inflammation and swelling. Releasing the blockage allows for natural energy flow to begin and the surrounding tissues and nerves will relax.
- Headaches & Migraines: If you are experience constant headaches and migraines, acupuncture therapy can be used to treat the pain. Adkore Rehabilitation Center offers acupuncture treatment between severe headache episodes, and periodic treatment to further prevent headache occurrences.
- Inflammation: Whether you are experiencing inflammation from arthritis, herniated discs, or the sciatic nerve, acupuncture treatment may be performed to alleviate pain and inflammation. Acupuncture needles are placed in pressure points that releases energy flow and reduced inflammation.
- Sciatic Nerve Pain: Acupuncture can be performed to treat pain resulting from pressure on the sciatic nerve. The hair-like needles used in acupuncture are placed into specific pressure points on the body to relieve pressure and stress on the sciatic nerve. Many patients have experience pain relief after several acupuncture treatments.
In addition, acupuncture is recognized by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the World Health Organization (WHO) as effective in treating these conditions:
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Smoking Cessation
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Chronic Fatigue
- Common Cold
- Dental Pain
- Digestive Trouble
- Emotional Problems
- Eye Problems
- Facial Palsy / Tics
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Low back Pain
- Menstrual Irregularities
- Migraine Relief
- Morning Sickness
- Reproductive Problems
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Shoulder Pain
- Sleep Disturbances
- Sore Throat
- Stop Smoking
- Tennis Elbow
- Tooth Pain
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Wrist Pain
Homeopathic medicine recommends the use of all natural, plant based medication for the treatment and cure of almost all diseases and symptoms. Injection therapy using all natural solutions gives the patient a natural, botanical-based and safer alternative to the popular pain management solutions available in the market today. The combination of herbs used in the solution gives a lasting and safe effect to restore harmony in one’s body.
How It Works
The treatments used at Adkore consist of a series of small, subcutaneous injections around the affected area(s). You'll generally feel relief within 24 hours. Homeopathic medicines are safe to use with all conventional medicines.